Let's get straight to the point on this one. If you're in need of auto glass repair or replacement, processing a claim through insurance can be a great way to help save you money. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
1. This will NOT raise your rates. You pay an ungodly amount of money for your auto insurance every year. Don't be afraid to use it! Unless you're making multiple claims a year (3+), it will have no effect on your rates.
2. You have the right to choose the company that does your work. Don't let your agent or some random person in a call center push you around. It's your car. It's your money. Its your safety. Choose the right company for you-- I recommend J. Royce Auto Glass :)
- The person handling your claim may tell you that "Satellite is the only preferred vendor", "other companies are not in their network", and that "if you choose another company, there will be no warranty on the work." This is NOT TRUE. They are trained to tell you those things to steer you toward Satellite, because Satellite owns the claims processing for major insurance companies like Progressive and Allstate. All other glass companies must go through an application and vetting process to be able to receive insurance work. J. Royce Auto Glass is an established member of this network, and can accept work from ALL insurance companies. We are A+ rated on Angie's List and the BBB, and have 5-star ratings on Yelp!, Google, and Facebook. Hear what our customers are saying about our excellent service here.
- As for the warranty, they shop performing the work provides that anyway. Your insurance company has nothing to do with it. And we provide a lifetime warranty on all parts an labor, as well as a FREE rock chip repair. Check out full details here.
3. Pay only your deductible. A glass claim is considered a comprehensive claim. When you need a repair or replacement, and you go through insurance, you will pay only your comprehensive deductible. If you have a low deductible ($0-$100), using insurance is a no brainer! Don't pay an extra $150+ just because you "don't want to get insurance involved." You pay them-- put them to work! If you have a high deductible, we will work with you to provide an affordable cost on a safe, quality installation.
4. We do all the work! Setting up an insurance claim is easy-- just give us a call! We will walk you through the process. Generally, this takes no more than 10 minutes and can save you tons! If you could keep an extra $200 in your pocket for a 10 minute phone call, wouldn't you?
5. Free replacements for Kentucky residents! As part of your auto insurance in Kentucky, you are entitled to one free replacement a year. Use it! You're already paying for it as part of your premium, why let them keep that money?
Part of our responsibility as a business is to properly inform you of your rights as a consumer. I've spent 12 years in this business, and have seen a lot of people feel pressured into making decisions by call center reps at insurance companies. They are paid to tell you those things. Their job is to get you to use Satellite because Satellite pays them. But that has absolutely no bearing on your right to choose.
Your vehicle is the second biggest you'll make in your life, aside from your home. Do your research, and don't be pressured. I know it's easy to be frightened of involving insurance-- they eat up a lot of time and money every year. Just remember: it's your car, your investment, and your right to choose. Don't let them push you around.
J. Royce Auto Glass